• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    It's a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Resident Evil 4 Remake is available now.

Carlos

I found a harder spot, that room with two Garradors... I died so many times, but the strategy was to use Garradors against the ganados. That's exactly what I did...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In the original game, you needed to kill off the ganados first before you deal with the Garradors. The other thing I noticed is that in the original game, the ganados and garradors respect each other, but in the remake, it's like... "I don't give a shit."

And there's a major change with THIS spot... instead of dealing with one el gigante, you're dealing with TWO el gigantes, and there's no "puzzle" piece (ziplines) here. I do like this boss battle now.

Comment

Carlos

Krauser's battle the first time is well done. It's not QTE the whole way through, they actually designed the melee combat to fit this design philosophy... That parry move was DESIGNED for this battle. I don't think it's designed for the Garradors because of the wolverine-style blades.

Roman Salazar's battle was frustrating at first, but once you understand that all you needed to do is shoot the face and damage him at least 3 times in the face with a QTE, it's smooth sailing from here...

My favorite part of RE4 Remake is traps. But not the kind of traps you'd think of... There's a spot in RE4 Remake, where you can actually lead ganados following you to a trap. I ran out of bullets, but I bumped into a trap. Instead of just walking into it, I used crouch to trap them...

1:33 is what you're looking for. :D

My favorite part of the game so far is the construction area. Not just graphically, but gameplay wise.

And that music... Damn.

Comment

Carlos

Sorry, folks. I tried replying as a new post, but I must reply as a comment above... This is gonna confuse the importer in the future.

But the warning I got is "post no more than 5 videos." WTF. Whatever, bro.

Shorts for those interested:

These are "clips" of the above videos...

Comment

Carlos

I beat the game. It's a good game, but a bit harder than the original. The final boss battle was ridiculous, especially the second part. Like what the fuck, bro?

Comment
I am on chapter 3 of Separate Ways. It's really good.

To be honest, I reckon RE as a whole will never be as good as when the franchise began on the PS1. But I hope Capcom knows we want them to keep up the momentum.

They did kind of have a good thing going around 2015, before the RE Engine kind of got me believing the series was doomed to be coated in darkness, as every game just looks awfully dim in terms of the lighting.

Comment

Carlos

I am on chapter 3 of Separate Ways. It's really good.

To be honest, I reckon RE as a whole will never be as good as when the franchise began on the PS1. But I hope Capcom knows we want them to keep up the momentum.

They did kind of have a good thing going around 2015, before the RE Engine kind of got me believing the series was doomed to be coated in darkness, as every game just looks awfully dim in terms of the lighting.
What? The RE engine is GORGEOUS. What are you talking about? Take your goggles off, and start looking at how good the engine is. They refined the controls, it's not just a pretty picture, it's also a great controlling game.

Don't believe me? All my videos so far... has been on PS4. Including this one:

Originally, I was gonna use a part of this video as a shorts clip. Plans changed. I am gonna post a shorts with high resolution - pixel dense beautiful gameplay... of the same area. I am redoing the game, so I can capture new footage.

I just got a PlayStation 5 "Slim" and these videos are from it...

Comment
They were kind of crap in other ways. Just look at all the things Capcom decided to take out that were in the originals. Do note as well, that they had years to work on RE2.

But whatever. I don't feel like discussing the series anymore.

Comment

Carlos

They were kind of crap in other ways. Just look at all the things Capcom decided to take out that were in the originals. Do note as well, that they had years to work on RE2.

But whatever. I don't feel like discussing the series anymore.
Ok.

As for the rest of you...

Comment

Carlos

I finally finished Resident Evil 4 on PS5. Now I can safely say I've played all versions of RE4; the original GameCube release, PS4 Remaster, and the RE4 Remake on PS4. I love the original RE4 release on GameCube, but my favorite version of the RE4 Remake is PS5 version. Not just because of the graphics, it's how smooth and responsive the game feels. The PS4 version and the PS5 version behaves the same, but it feels like the PS5 version was smoother, much, much smoother.

I will link the playlist here... (other places embeds it...)

Next game is RE2 on PS5.

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I've still not played Separate Ways yet, even though I bought the game on release.

Thing is.. I never really played Separate Ways much in the original RE4. I struggle to be excited about it. Am I missing out??

Comment
I would say, yes. But it is never too late to play catch up.

Honestly, I reckon more remakes are coming such as RE5. I would rather have a new Revelations game, to be honest. The one that was rumoured about Rebecca Chambers working in a university sounded interesting, but I suppose Capcom decided to cancel it.

But it's more likely we will see RE5 before CV. As much as I hate to say it, these action based ones just always sell more. So they would probably want to chance remaking CV after 5 sells tons of copies.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.