• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    It's a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Resident Evil 4 Remake is available now.

Carlos

To celebrate Resident Evil 4 [Remake] release, I released a few videos...

[But, PLEASE do use the thread to talk about Resident Evil 4 Remake!]

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Psst. I've posted some hints in this thread... :beer_drink:

Back to RE4 Remake...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNxdvgqedS0

Thank you, and have a nice day! (Oh, and hi. I'm new here.)

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Not picked it up just yet but definitely planning to, RE2 Remake was one of the last games I really enjoyed, and the original release of 4 is a belter too.

Comment

Carlos

Not picked it up just yet but definitely planning to, RE2 Remake was one of the last games I really enjoyed, and the original release of 4 is a belter too.
I haven't picked up RE4 Remake, either, but plan to. I haven't done it with RE2 Remake, but I plan to. I almost finished RE2, and I plan to finish it or re-play it. I love RE4, so I will get this remake. It looks longer, and they changed some things. Can't wait to play.

Comment

Carlos

I'm still playing through RE4, to get ready for RE Remake (Yes, I don't own it, yet... Durrr.)

Comment

Carlos

The following videos are "hints."

The following videos are just for fun...

And now for the ending...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWuNoPaCi2k

Comment

Carlos

I tried releasing this last night, but the algorithm or whomever at Google throttled it. I thought it was funny, but funny doesn't get you clicks, I guess.

Comment
I see Yama deleted our argumentative posts on Biohaze. Well, mainly the posts between you and Mert, really. Oh dear. :D

It's not easy being a Resident Evil fan, I swear. It can be brutal sometimes. 🥳

Comment

Carlos

I see Yama deleted our argumentative posts on Biohaze. Well, mainly the posts between you and Mert, really. Oh dear. :D

It's not easy being a Resident Evil fan, I swear. It can be brutal sometimes. 🥳
I would've removed them, I applaud Yama. It was being derailed by Mert's feelings of superiority. And please don't do it here, and/or bring it here.

The issue for me is, are they gonna snipe me again? 5 bucks says they will, so I'll just take a break from the site.

Comment
Generally, I think the heyday of forums ended long ago. These days, if it wasn't for Umbrella Online and Biohaze still being around, and the RE Fandom wiki, there would only be YouTube for discussing the series with other people who enjoy it too, besides Twitter and other aspects of social media. So it's good we still have something for the time being.

I agree, though. You get a lot of shitty people online. It's not much better offline either, because you still can meet a lot of arrogant characters that you wish were the villagers in RE4 so you could shoot them. :D

Comment

EvilResource

Alex (Evil Resource)
There's quite an active Discord presence for RE, so there's always that. But I do miss the traditional discussion forum, it feels more organized. I'm loving this forum, it's nicely set up with a good categorisation of topics. The trouble with Discord is it's so easy for your voice to be lost in the constant stream of replies from people, especially if it's quite an active channel. At least with discussion forums it's essentially encouraged to only provide a post if you have something meaningful to add to the conversation, whereas it feels the exact opposite is true of Discord.

My fondest memories of RE discussions was Resident Evil Fan from back in the day. That place was legendary, I made so many friends there some of whom I'm still friends with now.

Comment

Carlos

Generally, I think the heyday of forums ended long ago. These days, if it wasn't for Umbrella Online and Biohaze still being around, and the RE Fandom wiki, there would only be YouTube for discussing the series with other people who enjoy it too, besides Twitter and other aspects of social media. So it's good we still have something for the time being.
I am telling you, forums are not dead. I own the LARGEST Call of Duty Forum in the world. 800 to 1000 viewers every day. 3,000 viewers every week. And it's because Call of Duty sells every year - each title is 20 Million copies sold, with Modern Warfare (2019) at maximum 30 Million copies worldwide. During COVID lockdown. Call of Duty Warzone reached 70 Million "installs" by the end of Warzone 1, which is right now. So, what does that do to niche websites that deal with Call of Duty? Traffic blows up.

The reason why Umbrella Online, and Biohaze don't get as big as ResidentEvil.org is because - and this is a marketing guy speaking - Resident Evil sells only 10 Million copies on average. Never goes outside of that box. Which is why starting with 2005's RE4, they went the action route. Capcom even experimented with multiplayer games like RE:Verse, it's because Capcom WANTS the market of Call of Duty, where players go into Resident Evil games and play with each other. They don't want to alienate the community, but they want customers to go into Resident Evil in droves, they don't want the Call of Duty market exactly, what they want is for RE4 or whatever to sell 20 Million copies so they can expand into multiplayer, and launch distribution stores. RE4 Remake's store is their test. They want residual cashflow, residual profit, without relying on the funds from physical discs/boxes.

What does that do for sites like Umbrella Online or Biohaze? If Resident Evil 9 or whatever, SELLS 20 Million copies, then the site blows up. Keywords are the single best marketing strategy without SPENDING ad campaigns. If the game or games are secluded to a small community, and traditionally single players (and nothing wrong with that), then it's a niche.

In fact, I offered Steve to BUY the entire network (DMC.org/RE.org, etc.)
I agree, though. You get a lot of shitty people online. It's not much better offline either, because you still can meet a lot of arrogant characters that you wish were the villagers in RE4 so you could shoot them. :D
What did I say about that? Ignore them.
There's quite an active Discord presence for RE, so there's always that. But I do miss the traditional discussion forum, it feels more organized. I'm loving this forum, it's nicely set up with a good categorisation of topics. The trouble with Discord is it's so easy for your voice to be lost in the constant stream of replies from people, especially if it's quite an active channel. At least with discussion forums it's essentially encouraged to only provide a post if you have something meaningful to add to the conversation, whereas it feels the exact opposite is true of Discord.

My fondest memories of RE discussions was Resident Evil Fan from back in the day. That place was legendary, I made so many friends there some of whom I'm still friends with now.
Agreed. I don't like discord for this reason.

Comment

EvilResource

Alex (Evil Resource)
EvilResource, I recommended you make a forum - 16 years ago. "SynchPedro86" is one of my old identities, and I left a comment on your site during the 2000s. :p

Oh wow! This is great, thanks for visiting the site now and back then 😄 16 years ago, it really doesn't feel like that long ago.

I have toyed with making a forum, but I do wonder how utilised it would be. I shall ponder it some more 🙂 thanks for the suggestion.

Comment
Quite frankly, as much as we agree that forums are attractive and better than Discord and Twitter due to their cleaner interface, it's very likely that only several people would come to your site to post. That means it probably wouldn't be worth your while to host a forum that would likely never become very busy.

On Biohaze for example, I posted tons of threads in the off topic section, which have since went unanswered. It's really because forums died off, as I said. I'm not sure when this happened, exactly. It may have been around 2012.

But yeah. It's not likely beginning a forum in 2023 would be a good idea. I mean, if it works for you, that's cool. But it's just a lot of money going down the chute from what I can see.

On Silent Hill Community, I had the same issue. When I looked at the sheer volume of unanswered posts, I really felt like it was pointless to continue. There's only a few users who post there, but because Konami rarely provides any updates, there's virtually nothing to talk about. Even guys like Dusk Golem are seldomly leaking anything. Even when he was, some people attacked him, claiming he was riding the coattails of other people who leaked it first. They were being so ungrateful. But a lot of his speculation indeed came true. So it's not like he was making up stories.

But yeah. Forums in this day of age, are like 90% dead, if not more than that estimation. The only active ones are GameFAQs, GameSpot, and NeoGAF. Certain users however, are just idiots. Even the RE Fandom is stupid.

I made a thread there to say vampires being in RE is dumb, and all this one fellow there did was argue the toss, saying the series needs to adapt to changes to survive, while overlooking the fact that some aspects of the franchise is comedic or distracting from the horror side of things. That suggests they will just support anything Capcom produces, so I see no need to play the defense gig any longer.

You are wasting your time pointing out things to people, that I heavily suspect probably never even played the old games. For they constantly moan about the way they play, look, and whatnot. It's just so telling.

Comment

Carlos

I finally got RE4 Remake, but for PS4. That sounds negative, but the PS4 version actually surprised me. I was kinda miffed because the demo had a bit of a framerate issue. The full game actually fixed it.

Comment

Carlos

Comment

Carlos

I think RE4 Remake's gun accuracy is not perfect, but I feel like at home with it. It feels similar to original RE4 here and there. Meeting Garrador was awesome though.

Too bad its HDR. (C'mon, Capcom... do better...)

A lot of places in Resident Evil is a bit longer than the original game. That room with tables, cups, and stuff...? I had to re-do the location so many times because I died there so many times. Pfft. I got past, and am now past the knights...

What I liked about that part of the mission? Ashley actually CONTRIBUTES to the battle, rather than being this goddamn damsel in distress (feminist) bullshit. I mean, why is the pressing R3 so ...fucking slow. It infuriates me when she does that shit. I mean, c'mon. MOVE! RE4's "rescue Ashley" mission(s) are cakewalks compared to the remake. They made it harder for the sake of making the game harder.

Sigh.

Comment

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
I really cheesed the Ashley sections of the game. I didn't realise I had to watch enemy movements and be quiet and stuff.

I just bulldozed through and ran to the exit. Speedrun!

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.