• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
Join Jill Valentine, the heroine and amazing survivor of the notorious disaster at the mansion, as her nightmare continues. After resigning from S.T.A.R.S. Jill now prepares to head out of Raccoon City...but it's not going to be easy. Caught in a town crawling with flesh eating zombies, more than ever she must rely on brute force and cunning to find a way to escape alive. This unique adventure intricately reveals more of Umbrella Corporation's nightmarish plot and picks up just hours before the events from Resident Evil 2.

More zombies, more terror, and even more evil.
More challenging enemies that come back to life at any time.
Face off against the most terrifying mutations stalking the streets of Raccoon City.
More detailed character actions: Try the dodge move to avoid an enemy's attack.
Interact with the environment like never before: Use background objects defensively.
A unique new drama which reveals more details of Umbrella Corporation's devious activities from the Resident Evil series.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Adventure, Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Capcom

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Red Queen

Artificial intelligence
Reaction score
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is the follow-up game to the extremely popular Resident Evil 2. It follows the path of returning character Jill Valentine who appeared in the original Resident Evil. The storylines between this game and Resident Evil 2 intersect at various points and many of the same areas are explored, as it occurs at around the same time and in the same location. The main draw of this game was that the player is constantly pursued by an unstoppable monster akin to a Terminator named a Nemesis T-Type.

It also introduces a plethora of new characters and places more focus onto the UBCS (Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service) which were mentioned in the earlier titles but did not get much screen time.

The game was developed relatively quickly after Resident Evil 2 and shares a lot of the same assets. The next full Resident Evil game was Resident Evil Code: Veronica.

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis reviewed well at time of release but was criticised for it's short length. However, it has been seen as an excellent accompaniment to Resident Evil 2. Through it's popularity it saw an updated release on the next generation of consoles after the PlayStation original with better textures and higher resolution backgrounds.

It also got a full remake in 2019 simply titled Resident Evil 3. It also reviewed very well and was also criticised for it's short length.

Attachments

• 1013.jpg
    1013.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 78
By far my favourite Resident Evil game ever made, the original Nemesis game is far superior to the recent remake.

The original game scared the life out of me the first time I played it, it was engaging, had an excellent story and some of the boss fights were epic.

I feel like the remake has spoiled the theater of the game, coupled with the segments that are just missing - completely spoils it.

I *much* preferred Resident Evil 2 personally, and have only finished the original Resident Evil 3 once (yeah, I need to play through it again).

I haven't played the recent remakes yet either.. I know, shameful 😅

It seems to be a common complaint that they cut way too much of the original game from the remake of Resident Evil 3 though, and it is quite short as a result.

Yes, it is very, very short.

Was nowhere near as good as I was hoping it would be.

I never realised there were bits of RNG added to this game over the previous two.. 😅
  • Zombie placement / behaviour
  • Item placement (health and ammo)
  • Weapons (S.T.A.R.S. office)
  • Puzzles
Although it might explain why I didn't particularly gel with it so much with added elements of unpredictability.. but now that I'm aware of such a thing, I may finally give it another playthrough sooner rather than later and embrace the RNG elements.

RNG is a pain in the earlier RE games, particularly if you're trying to do a no damage run or something. As sometimes you'll be able to manoeuvre around a zombie.. but another time that same zombie will grab you from a mile away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back