• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Phasmophobia

Phasmophobia
Phasmophobia is a 4 player online co-op psychological horror where you and your team members of paranormal investigators will enter haunted locations filled with paranormal activity and gather as much evidence of the paranormal as you can. You will use your ghost hunting equipment to search for and record evidence of whatever ghost is haunting the location to sell onto a ghost removal team.

You can choose to support your team by monitoring the location with CCTV cameras and motion sensors from the safety of the truck or head inside and get your hands dirty with the ghostly activity that will get increasingly hostile as time goes on.

Immersive Experience: Realistic graphics and sounds as well as having minimal user interfaces will ensure a totally immersive experience that will keep you on your toes.
Cross platform: Phasmophobia supports all players whether they have VR or not so can enjoy the game with your VR and non VR friends.
Co-op multiplayer: Play alongside your friends with up to 4 players in this co-op horror where teamwork is key to your success.
Unique Ghosts: Over 10 different types of Ghosts all with unique traits meaning each investigation will be different.
Investigate: Use well known ghost hunting equipment such as EMF Readers, Spirit Boxes, Thermometers and Night Vision Cameras to find clues and gather as much paranormal evidence as you can.
Full Voice Recognition: The Ghosts are listening! Use your actual voice to interact with the Ghosts through Ouija Boards and EVP Sessions using a Spirit Box.
Players: 4+
Co-op: Yes
Genre: Action, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Kinetic Games

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

UnluckyRose

Reaction score
Is anyone else playing this?

It kind of blew up in popularity on Twitch, and honestly, I can understand why! It's a ghost hunting game that has been developed by a one man team. It's a little buggy still, things need polished, but for what is there, it plays very nice. Think of your stereotypical ghost hunting show equipment- spirit boxes, emf readers, etc... and that's what you use to hunt ghosts in Phasmophobia.

The audio is what really impresses me. It seriously sounds like there's a ghost breathing down your neck when it spawns behind you. ;-;

Nope.. I'm not a PC gamer, and there's no concrete plans for it to be released on consoles although it's thought that it *could* happen in the future.

I have just seen this though.. :LOL:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's really janky, but the silliness helps break the tension. So I really hope that they don't fix the dorky animations and stuff...

I liked how much of the fear came from the people playing it, when the game wasn't really doing anything!

I'll be keeping my eye on it for sure....

I have a lot of hope for the game - and the developer is very active, despite the game taking off. It's a good sign.

Anyone here into some Phasmophobia? I played it a bit with friends a while back, and I gotta admit it's a ton of fun if you can get a group together. I wish you could move around a bit faster, but I suppose that's part of the gimmick. Anyway, there's a ton of streamers who play this game, and it makes some funny content for sure. Talking trash to ghosts is always a joy for me haha!

I wish more games like this utilized the mic more. I bet there's so much you can do game wise with your voice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back