Petrol "Shortage" - UK

Currently reading:
Petrol "Shortage" - UK

Ash

Anyone else having issues with a supposed petrol "shortage" in the UK. It's mainly down to the lack of drivers to deliver the petrol to the petrol stations but people are currently panic buying so we might actually end up with a shortage.

USA seems to be fine, sucks to hear the fear of buying is causing the shortage. I hope that doesn't spread stateside.

Comment

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Not in the UK myself but I have heard about this a couple of times already. Hope it sorts itself out soon, panic buying is ridiculous (and gas of all things is such a bad idea..)

Comment

Ash

It's actually scary how a petrol shortage was basically created out of nothing. I was lucky enough to get some but there are still periods where the local petrol stations are closed due to not having any left.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
They reckon that the recent change of petrol to E10 in the UK went some way to contributing to this, as well as the driver shortage. The videos of people fighting were just ridiculous, and it just shows the level of intellect of today's society - zero.

Thankfully it wasn't too bad in Sheffield, there was generally petrol available despite a handful of stations running dry. I was quite disappointed not to get at least one day off work from it.. šŸ˜‰ I hear it got pretty bad in London at one point.

Comment

Ash

Yeah London and the places just on the border suffered pretty badly but that was down to the idiots panicking. And then the people that were calm had to go out and fill up since it actually was becoming a problem. That just led to even more panic.

It's a bit annoying that it all led to a huge price increase and now we'll probably have to wait a long time to see those prices drop

Comment