• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

đź“° News Next-Gen Patches for recent Resident Evil games coming

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list
It's finally happening,

Resident Evil 2 Remake, Resident Evil 3 Remake and Resident Evil 7: Biohazard are all getting what Capcom call a 'next-gen' update for the PS5, Xbox Series and PC.

What you're gonna get is a free update which will include Ray Tracing, high frame-rates (above 60fps) and enhanced 3d audio. PS5 users will also get full DualSense support.

Personally, I can't wait to see what these are gonna look like with Ray Tracing enabled. It must have taken a lot of work to get this right as non-ray traced lighting is basically faked and a lot of light and shadow are baked in and calculated, and the levels would have been designed with all that in mind. With ray tracing it's basically up to the model to cast those rays and bounce them off all the different surfaces so we could end up with something that looks quite different but in a GOOD way.

I'm so looking forward to seeing what stuff like G-Birkin and Nemesis look like with the updated effects!

All we know so far that it will be this year, for all three games.

(image is just a fake mock-up by me. it won't actually look like that)

Looks like these are likely coming out as separate release for PS5 and Xbox Series (with a free upgrade), rather than a patch.

Makes sense.. I don't know if the technology is there for a "separate" patch exclusively to the next-gen consoles for a current-gen game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back