Metroid Dread

Currently reading:
Metroid Dread

jamesyfx

Wiki team
Not sure how many people here own a Switch, and also people here that are interested in the Metroid franchise.

I've been into the series since the first, but it was Metroid Fusion that really grabbed my attention fully. I was at the right age at the right time.. and I loved the darker tone. So to hear that this game Metroid Dread is FINALLY coming out which acts as a direct sequel to Metroid Fusion and FINALLY marks the last in the franchise in terms of the timeline... which is something we have been waiting for since 2002.

So it's due out next month. I decided to pre-order the uber deluxe edition which comes in a nice steelbox etc. I just figured this franchise has given me a lot of enjoyment pretty much my whole life... I gotta spend a bit extra on a nicer version which hopefully I will be playing in 20+ years time just like the others.

So yeah. Anyone else interested in this game or the franchise as a whole?

I own a switch and super excited for this, the only Metroid game I wanted was a 2D side scroller again, wish it looked better like super metriod but I'll take it.

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
So it's been out for a few days now, and the critical reception has been overwhelmingly positive. It's hailed as one of the best games of the year, and potentially could take it's seat as the second best Metroid game ever (after Super Metroid).

As for my opinion. Yeah it's awesome. it's extremely tight, feels modern but familiar at the same time. Plus it looks, runs and sounds great. The difficulty is there, but it doesn't take too many failures to overcome certain things. It's a vast improvement over Samus Returns in which it shares quite a bit of heritage.

Comment
I just got done beating it, I agree with jamesyfx, very great game though some of the collection methods at the end are questionable. It is a game that if you play enough, you will get good at it.

Highly recommend it.

Comment