• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Mental health

22_22

Reaction score
I think this year particularly a lot of people will be struggling with mental health, whether it is existing issues they have, or new problems that are potentially caused by this years events.

How do you feel about mental health and how do you tend to cope with feelings off ill-heath?

Sometimes I like to switch off for the real world which I think is important and that everyone needs at some point, so long as you are not isolating yourself completely.

Last edited:
I've been battling with my mental health for the last 3 years or so, or at least, that's when I became conscious of it..

I unfortunately had my second relapse this year, not caused by the lockdown itself, but by events that transpired during the same period (more details in the COVID story thread). The telltale sign for me is dramatic weight loss, and from May to July this year I lost around 15-20kg.

It's very, very difficult to cope. I'm on anti-depressants and they certainly help to level my mood. I also try to distract myself as much as possible, which isn't recommended by CBT therapists, but whatever works!

For anyone struggling with mental health, our very own @Lee operates a community (The Life Spot) to discuss such issues in more depth.. (y)

I have been struggling with depression during the Lockdown. I'm not the only one, and these kinds of restrictions not only destroy people's livelihoods, the economy, but also people's mental health. It would be interesting to see if this is the last "lockdown" in England.

Yeah a lot of people are struggling with their health period. Mental health as well because of the virus lock-down. I am not one of them due to the virus though my mental health is getting better. Personally it's a struggle every day. The fact that I have my medicine is the main reason I do so much better.

I can tell that my mental health is still no way near 100%, but then again I probably wouldn't expect it to be. Keeping busy has probably been a bit of a lifesaver throughout periods of lockdown, though it is starting to tell and I'm getting frustrated with just how little time I have to myself (approx. 1 day per fortnight).

More than anything at the moment I just miss being able to go to a local café for a spot of lunch, or a nice pub for a cheeky pint.. :beer_drink: Despite what the government are saying, I can't imagine this being the last lockdown. More variants are going to evolve that the current vaccines won't have any effect on.

In the past (probably over 10 years ago now) I've suffered from mental health issues due to things that happened a long time ago; not going to delve into it but it's true that some events leave lasting scars... But I got the right help and I'm a much stronger person now.

I wouldn't say I'm completely free from it but It doesn't bother me these days; I've learned to have a thick skin and not be self conscious about anything. I would say I am happy 99% of the time and I always try to see the positive side of things.... and if things get bad for whatever reason, I'll just deal with it right away and move forward.

So yeah I would say I cope pretty well these days! 😎

I have struggled most of my life, but not doing too badly at the moment.

I do have daily panic attacks though and I've ALWAYS had social anxiety.

I can tell that my mental health is still no way near 100%, but then again I probably wouldn't expect it to be. Keeping busy has probably been a bit of a lifesaver throughout periods of lockdown, though it is starting to tell and I'm getting frustrated with just how little time I have to myself (approx. 1 day per fortnight).

More than anything at the moment I just miss being able to go to a local café for a spot of lunch, or a nice pub for a cheeky pint.. :beer_drink: Despite what the government are saying, I can't imagine this being the last lockdown. More variants are going to evolve that the current vaccines won't have any effect on.
You seem to know yourself very well and I like that. I say that because it doesn't appear you have an actual illness from it but you still say it's not near 100%. One thing I've learned about mental health is you don't have to have an illness to be mentally under the weather and a lot of times can even appear mentally ill but what might be bothering you might be something entirely different causing a mental state to be lower then it should be.

I've been fortunate enough to not suffer massively during the lockdowns over here in the UK. I was able to fit in my driving test between the 1st and 2nd lockdown (might have been 2nd and 3rd actually) which I passed. I also started an internship which has been great so far. Both things helped me a lot with my mental health

I'm back on anti-depressants, huzzah!

Although one of my work colleagues did show me this to lighten the mood.. 😂
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back