• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Mandatory Masks

Alexander.

Reaction score
Masks and/ or face-coverings are mandatory in most countries. How many more months do you feel social distancing guidance & mandatory masks will be in place for? Do you agree with your government's advice/ law?

It's quite a bone of contention for me.. For months throughout the initial lockdown, the UK government was basically saying "don't bother wearing masks, they're ineffective".

..then as time progressed masks became mandatory on public transport, and further down the line they became mandatory in shops, restaurants, and schools too. I'm guessing they're not so ineffective afterall then, Boris? :rolleyes: Honestly, he's made more u-turns than a driving instructor!

I'm technically exempt from wearing a mask, but do so (even though I hate it) because the hassle I get from the public causes more anxiety than the masks do!! 🤬

Unfortunately I can't see these measures disappearing any time soon..

I wear a mask for my entire commute, and all day at work. It's slightly irritating but if they say it helps.. It's not a massive inconvenience. It's more like a snood that just hangs from my ears, so it's not pulling at my face and it's fairly breathable as well.

I didn't really understand it when customer had to wear masks but shop employees didn't - I think all the changes are really confusing then public. People don't know when and where they need to have a mask on. More and more I am seeing council workers, PCSO's and regular police patrolling around shops and bus stations approaching people and asking the question.. "Any reason why you're not wearing a mask?", so maybe eventually people will all be on the same wavelength.

I think it will remain like this until at least another 12 months. Christmas is going to be weird....

It is annoying? Absolutely. But do I have a problem with them? Not at all. I know why we have to and I'm willing to wear them to hopefully save some lives especially of the key workers in stores where I shop.

I think the mandatory mask thing is annoying, to me it's like saying "We don't think our people are smart enough to make decisions for themselves." Should workers have mandatory masks? Yes, absolutely, but when you're out walking around town if you're social distancing you shouldn't be forced to wear a mask, however, if you go into public places such as a restaurant or bank, then yes wear a mask.

What's needed for this virus is a VACCINE not mandatory masks. A Mask may protect you from the virus, sure, but it won't CURE it.

The police in my area have now employed a no exceptions policy.. I guess it's because I'm in a Tier 3 area.

If someone isn't wearing a mask, they've been issued a fine straight up. I've seen it happen in front of my eyes - Theyre not giving people an opportunity to just put one on, which I've seen before.

The police in my area have now employed a no exceptions policy.. I guess it's because I'm in a Tier 3 area.

If someone isn't wearing a mask, they've been issued a fine straight up. I've seen it happen in front of my eyes - Theyre not giving people an opportunity to just put one on, which I've seen before.
Seems reasonable to me. We have had plenty of warning. 😀

Personally I have no issue abiding by the mask rules. Those weird blue ones you see everyone wearing are pretty unbearable, but if you get some made of decent material it doesn't really get itchy.

It took a while, but it seems everyone is complying with it these days. I can't really recall the last time I saw anybody in a shop or elsewhere without one.

I had to tell a customer a few days ago to put his mask up, as he was wearing it as a chin-strap. He called me a dickhead and asked to speak to the manager.

Not dealing with that.. I just asked him to leave. As he was leaving he apologised and said he was just in a bad mood.

Yeah... nobody is enjoying this situation. But don't get all angry and defensive just because you've been called out on your lawbreaking.. :ROFLMAO:

There's been incidents at Tesco where some of our staff have been spat at when asking people to wear their mask.. Disgusting, and totally unnecessary. I'm sorry, but if somebody did that to me I'd have a few choice words and will press charges.

There were also incidents during the first lockdown at the checkouts when item limits were imposed, and customers would be verbally abusive. A zero tolerance policy was quickly introduced where all such incidents would be reported, and the customer banned from the store.

There is no excuse for rude or abusive behavior.

If someone spits at you Andy, you would have every right to punch them in the nose for me. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back