• Please note Umbrella Online is currently undergoing maintenance and may be offline for short intervals.

Maintenance completed!

Currently reading:
Maintenance completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
Apologies for having to put the forums into maintenance mode for several hours over the past few days.. I didn't want to, but nor did I want to risk any data loss.

Server issues started to arise late on Friday (30/10) evening, which thankfully seemed to be confined to just Administration based tasks. This was raised with the host and cutting a long story short, their response has been unsatisfactory, so I took the decision to migrate to an alternative and highly recommended provider. This move is now completed and a big thanks must go to the new provider for taking care of this process for me.

Thanks also to @jamesyfx (again) for listening to me moan about it on Discord.. 🤣

TopSilver

You go to do what you got to do to keep the site going but I will say excellent work as an admin. The site looks impressive to me. My main tip is this time do not give up on your dream to build a successful community. You have all the tools in your arsenal to do so especially with forum promotion. I will support you myself and I think this time you could really make this happen even though nerd face didn't work out. Excellent work @Oblivion Knight

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
Thanks for the kind words - after the response I received from the old host having cancelled my account with them and voicing my dissatisfaction (they asked for a cancellation reason, so I told them!), I know it was the right call.

I'm really happy with how the site is looking and I don't think there'll be too many more design tweaks necessary so I can start focussing more on building activity and posting content.. I won't be giving up, I don't think @John Cord, @jamesyfx or @MChapp1867 will let me.. 😅 Your support is really appreciated.

Comment

jamesyfx

Wiki team
I agree with @TopSilver ... Do not give up. This is just the beginning. 😎 Besides, my girlfriend has shouted at me a few times for putting more effort into content creation than spending time with her... 🤣🤣🤣

Comment
Status
Not open for further replies.