• Registering at Umbrella Online is quicker, easier, and more secure than ever - and it's free!
    No CAPTCHA process, no email verification, no annoying adverts, and no hidden "premium" options..
    What are you waiting for, a zombie apocalypse? #GetInvolved!

Maintenance completed!

Currently reading:
Maintenance completed!

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies for having to put the forums into maintenance mode for several hours over the past few days.. I didn't want to, but nor did I want to risk any data loss.

Server issues started to arise late on Friday (30/10) evening, which thankfully seemed to be confined to just Administration based tasks. This was raised with the host and cutting a long story short, their response has been unsatisfactory, so I took the decision to migrate to an alternative and highly recommended provider. This move is now completed and a big thanks must go to the new provider for taking care of this process for me.

Thanks also to @jamesyfx (again) for listening to me moan about it on Discord.. šŸ¤£

TopSilver

Lab rat
You go to do what you got to do to keep the site going but I will say excellent work as an admin. The site looks impressive to me. My main tip is this time do not give up on your dream to build a successful community. You have all the tools in your arsenal to do so especially with forum promotion. I will support you myself and I think this time you could really make this happen even though nerd face didn't work out. Excellent work @Oblivion Knight

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the kind words - after the response I received from the old host having cancelled my account with them and voicing my dissatisfaction (they asked for a cancellation reason, so I told them!), I know it was the right call.

I'm really happy with how the site is looking and I don't think there'll be too many more design tweaks necessary so I can start focussing more on building activity and posting content.. I won't be giving up, I don't think @John Cord, @jamesyfx or @MChapp1867 will let me.. šŸ˜… Your support is really appreciated.

jamesyfx

Staff member
I agree with @TopSilver ... Do not give up. This is just the beginning. šŸ˜Ž Besides, my girlfriend has shouted at me a few times for putting more effort into content creation than spending time with her... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£