• Please note Umbrella Online is currently undergoing maintenance and may be offline for short intervals.

Lost my gaming mojo

Currently reading:
Lost my gaming mojo

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
It doesn't happen all too often, but at the moment I seem to have lost my gaming mojo - typical just as I have a bit of time to myself! :facepalm:

I guess I'm just not used to having that kind of time to myself.. I turned on my PS4, proceeded to look at my 100s of games and turned it off. I just didn't particularly feel like playing anything, yet I can almost guarantee that as soon as I'm back to my second job during the evening, I'll want to play something..

Anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do to 'snap out of it'?

jamesyfx

Wiki team
Yep, Iā€™ve been there; I think we have all been there.. with any hobby. Sometimes the spark dies down for a while... I think a lot of games these days require too much time investment to be worthwhile though which can be a bit mentally exhausting.

You could try playing more casual stuff, Something you can just pick up and play in short bursts without having to worry about forgetting how to play if you leave it too long. šŸ„²

Comment

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Yeah I can get hit by this from time to time too. My biggest drought was in 2015 when I was going out partying all the time and wasn't home much, so I actually started to think I just didn't like games & tech anymore.
Obviously, I'm a moron and hadn't a clue what I was talking about, but even still I can still get hit with smaller droughts that will last a couple of days. Since I started playing NS2 properly I struggle with this less, but I do get burnt out on that too after a few weeks so I'll have to spend a day or two just watching youtube vids instead

Comment

TopSilver

Yes actually indeed I am recently in that predicament though starting to come right out of it. For some reason my sickness has something to do with perception so I have trouble seeing and playing a version of my game that's fair and legit. So it's prolonged as something that isn't as fun. Though recently I've been feeling a good bit better and have invested some time into black ops cold war, which I will say is super fun. Their new map apocalypse is extremely fun.

Comment

Ash

There are times where I feel the same. Honestly, if it wasn't for Spider-man: Remastered right now, I probably feel the same way as you. I even looked at Amazon recently to see if there was anything interesting available but there was nothing

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Deadpool ain't got nothin' on me!
Well.. I'm still in my rut - I just don't feel that I've been able to let myself relax and get lost in a game :broken:

Perhaps once I have the equipment to start playing around with recording/streaming gaming sessions for content, it might motivate me to do so a bit more!

Comment

Fait

Well.. I'm still in my rut - I just don't feel that I've been able to let myself relax and get lost in a game :broken:

Perhaps once I have the equipment to start playing around with recording/streaming gaming sessions for content, it might motivate me to do so a bit more!
I can feel you on that all though I still love gaming though!
But owning a website myself does take a lot of my time away now but I still try to make it part of my routine when I can.

Comment