• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

GoldenEye 007 XBLA Leak

• jamesyfx
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
I'm assuming everyone has heard of this; but Rare were working on an updated version of their amazing N64 title GoldenEye 007 for the Xbox 360. This project was scrapped after Nintendo denied the completion of the game due to licensing deals they had with the franchise at the time. A different game was released for the Wii called GoldenEye Reloaded.

This game is literally the original N64 game with a graphical overhaul. Everything visually from environments, shaders, models and textures are updated. Everything else is left as it was; sound, gameplay and music is identical.

So yeah this unfinished game was leaked recently, and is available to download from various places around the internet (won't be shared here) and can either be played on a modified Xbox 360 or the Xenia research emulator for PC.

Most impressively the game has a feature where you can toggle between N64 and Xbox 360 graphics at the press of a button - the change is instant as well with no pausing or loading. From a technical standpoint it's a pretty amazing feature - and it's fun to toggle between things to see how certain things have changed and how others have not!

Well, I've played it. It's literally just the same game but with more up to date graphics.. and that's good. It's a damn shame that licensing deals prevented this games release as people have kinda been clamouring for it for a long time and the GoldenEye games which did end up being released have not quenched that thirst... but this would have.

I thought I heard something about this but that it was cancelled. Though from what sources say you can play it on PC anytime. It's fun to relive the old days but I can't say I would be too much for it only because I like the new and the best updated graphics. Remastered probably looks much better though so with that said, I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy it.

I was pretty gutted when this was cancelled.. Having not owned an N64, I didn't really have the opportunity to play through the original. Apparently the licensing situation was just too complex, and many stakeholders vetoed the remaster from being released.

I'd quite like to play it, but how unfinished is it - or was it finished and never released?

I almost bought GoldenEye Reloaded on the PS3, but very soon after Activision randomly shutdown the multiplayer servers without notice - so I never bothered.

The entire single player is there and complete, along with all Nintendo and ex-Rare employee references removed.

There is no multiplayer as far as I can see, as I'm assuming they didn't get chance to tack on an online component for it. But you never know what modders will do... 👀

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back