• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Forbidden Siren

Forbidden Siren
Resist the Call

0:00. Midnight. A siren calls and a sea of red water mysteriously surrounds the mountain village Hanuda. Slowly, a terrible force transforms the inhabitants into shibito, undead husks of their old selves, fueled by evil and hate.

Play as one of ten characters caught in a living nightmare. You have three days to learn how their paths intersect as they try to stay alive. Survival depends on your ability to "sightjack" or the power to see through the eyes of friends and foes. There is no one hero. There is little hope.

Will you resist the call of the Siren?
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Sony

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB
  • apathy
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Reaction score
Has anyone played these games before? I've yet to do so myself but I've been looking into them a fair bit lately. The team behind the games is the same guy that directed the original PS1 Silent Hill.
They seem to be more stealth focused than Silent Hill however, and provide you with a mechanic to "jump" into an enemies vision to see where they are on the map, or to check if you're about to be spotted.

They do seem like they'd be a good spook so I gotta get around to them soon. If anybody else has played these games, please share your thoughts here.

I completely missed this series - I heard they basically remade the first game on PS3 with some quality of life improvements, but I don't think they have ported it anywhere else. I'd like to give it a try! It sounds quite in-depth.

I seem to remember they gave the remake away as a PS Plus freebie at some point.? I haven't played it because it didn't have trophy support.. 😝 However, they've also ported the PS2 original to the PS4 which does feature trophies, but I haven't picked it up yet.

I completely missed this series - I heard they basically remade the first game on PS3 with some quality of life improvements, but I don't think they have ported it anywhere else. I'd like to give it a try! It sounds quite in-depth.
Yeah they have a PS3 version that's a reimaging of sorts, I've heard some of the mechanics are a bit more awkward and I think it feels a lot more American overall (the cast is American instead of Japanese this time I think? I've only watched a few videos so I might be remembering wrong).

I seem to remember they gave the remake away as a PS Plus freebie at some point.? I haven't played it because it didn't have trophy support.. 😝 However, they've also ported the PS2 original to the PS4 which does feature trophies, but I haven't picked it up yet.
I can't imagine the PS2 version has aged suuuuper well but the general consensus seems to be it's the way to go (at least over the PS3 remake). I've not really heard anything about the PS4 port, hopefully that doesn't have any major issues.
The second game seems to be the fan favorite but to my knowledge it doesn't exist outside the PS2.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back