• Registering at Umbrella Online is quicker, easier, and more secure than ever - and it's free!
    No CAPTCHA process, no email verification, no annoying adverts, and no hidden "premium" options..
    What are you waiting for, a zombie apocalypse? #GetInvolved!

Forbidden Siren

Currently reading:
Forbidden Siren

apathy

Virus cell
Has anyone played these games before? I've yet to do so myself but I've been looking into them a fair bit lately. The team behind the games is the same guy that directed the original PS1 Silent Hill.
They seem to be more stealth focused than Silent Hill however, and provide you with a mechanic to "jump" into an enemies vision to see where they are on the map, or to check if you're about to be spotted.

They do seem like they'd be a good spook so I gotta get around to them soon. If anybody else has played these games, please share your thoughts here.

jamesyfx

Staff member
I completely missed this series - I heard they basically remade the first game on PS3 with some quality of life improvements, but I don’t think they have ported it anywhere else. I’d like to give it a try! It sounds quite in-depth.

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Staff member
I seem to remember they gave the remake away as a PS Plus freebie at some point.? I haven't played it because it didn't have trophy support.. 😝 However, they've also ported the PS2 original to the PS4 which does feature trophies, but I haven't picked it up yet.

apathy

Virus cell
I completely missed this series - I heard they basically remade the first game on PS3 with some quality of life improvements, but I don’t think they have ported it anywhere else. I’d like to give it a try! It sounds quite in-depth.
Yeah they have a PS3 version that's a reimaging of sorts, I've heard some of the mechanics are a bit more awkward and I think it feels a lot more American overall (the cast is American instead of Japanese this time I think? I've only watched a few videos so I might be remembering wrong).

I seem to remember they gave the remake away as a PS Plus freebie at some point.? I haven't played it because it didn't have trophy support.. 😝 However, they've also ported the PS2 original to the PS4 which does feature trophies, but I haven't picked it up yet.
I can't imagine the PS2 version has aged suuuuper well but the general consensus seems to be it's the way to go (at least over the PS3 remake). I've not really heard anything about the PS4 port, hopefully that doesn't have any major issues.
The second game seems to be the fan favorite but to my knowledge it doesn't exist outside the PS2.