• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Facebook Advert

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
I'm trialling a bit of advertising here and there to see if we get any real benefit from it.

I happened to be browsing Facebook just before I started work this evening, and look what I stumbled across! 😅

Facebook-Ad.jpg

Any suggestions on how it can be improved for if there's a next time? Let me know if you happen to see the advert!

I had some superb results with facebook advertising, you just need to watch where your hits come from and refine your listing.

Good luck!

Nice have you tried the official advertising method or just posting in the feed? Some of the official methods can also be beneficial and not cost very much. But even if your not doing that, simply posting your site in a feed can have good results. I have not tried any of that yet and have cleared away from any type of social media advertising, though I was considering using twitter later on.

I did a 2-week campaign via the official advertising method, though I haven't really seen the desired results from it unfortunately..

I do also post occasional updates to an Umbrella Online Facebook page, and twitter account. Again, neither have been particularly fruitful.

It looks great although it's a shame it didn't bring in the results that you wanted to see. Did you refine the listing after the first few days to make sure it was targetted at the right people?

No I didn't, and it was targeted quite widely (UK, USA, Canada, Australia).. Perhaps that was a mistake on the limited budget that I gave the campaign.

It expires today and we haven't gained a single member from it, so I'm unlikely to retry it any time soon.. :zombie_zipper:

I tried to find it while I was scrolling through FB and never saw it. So I wonder exactly what the reach was. Still, if I ever see an Ad on Facebook, I won't usually engage with it unless it has loads of negative comments :unsure: So I can see what all the fuss is about... :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back