• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Elden Ring

• jamesyfx
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
So it's finally out, the Soulsborne game from From Software and the mind behind Game of Thrones have come together and crafted an open-world action adventure…

I'm just gonna put this out there in case anyone is on the fence about picking it up:

It is exactly like any other Soulsborne game. If you don't like them, you won't like this.

It's vast and there's loads to do though, so if you do like them this is shaping up to be the best one yet.

Anyone else started to play?

Not played it, and unlikely to since I was never super into any of the Souls games (I do want to give Bloodborne a shot though should it ever come to PC, really love the gothic grimdark aesthetic that has going on)

Heard Elden Ring's PC is port is kinda ass and even the highest-end rigs are seeing poor frametimes and what not. I'm unusure if any souls game came to PC in a good state though, but they usually get sorted out eventually even if its just from mods.

I haven't played any of the Soulsborne games as yet, though I did pick up Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin in a recent sale and Bloodborne was a freebie with PS Plus a few years ago, so maybe one day..

..but yeah, I'm certainly not in any rush to pick up and/or play Elden Ring.

Not played it, and unlikely to since I was never super into any of the Souls games (I do want to give Bloodborne a shot though should it ever come to PC, really love the gothic grimdark aesthetic that has going on)

Heard Elden Ring's PC is port is kinda ass and even the highest-end rigs are seeing poor frametimes and what not. I'm unusure if any souls game came to PC in a good state though, but they usually get sorted out eventually even if its just from mods.
I've not really got any frame rate or frame time issues on mine but I do have the glitch where occasionally the action will slow down and then catch up really fast in the way that WoW used to do if you had lag?

But this isn't lag. It's a bug! Cos it happens even offline. It's not too frequent though so I can sorta deal with it… but it's not great. I've also tried it without the anti cheat on :sneaky: and it's not that either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back