• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Easter

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Easter is upon us.. for some it's the second biggest celebratory holiday after Christmas, for others it's just the chocolate egg day.. and for the rest it's just a day where everything is closed!

I'm part of the latter, but my partner is part of the first group and I'm always confused when she 'bigs up' Easter and talks about saying "Happy Easter!" to everyone and having a big christmas-like roast dinner... My family never did any of those things so I've just been brought up to be kinda passive towards anything apart from Birthdays and Christmas!

How important is Easter to you?

Yeah I'd be pretty much the same, Easter was never a super big deal in our house outside of it being chocolate day. My Dad always says, "Jesus came back from the dead on Easter so he could get his eggs!"
Personally, I dont think I know anyone who would value it greater than that, though I'm sure there are plenty of religious folk and such that would take it more seriously.

Most definitely a celebration of chocolate eggs for me!

We've tended to just use it as an excuse to join together as a family and see each other again, and if there happens to be a roast dinner involved then so be it! Obviously it's been slightly different for the past couple of years though. Easter happened to coincide with my daughter's birthday this year, so I did an egg hunt for her.

I also had my Dad come over for a socially distanced visit which was nice.. I just really wanted to give him a hug though.

We celebrate Easter as a coming together of our families too. Roast dinner with all the trimmings.

Sometimes we don't see each other for months, so it is nice when everybody gets together.

We normally get together as a family but with lockdown still in place in the UK, we had to just have lunch amongst ourselves (immediate family only). We enjoyed a nice roast with lamb and pork.

I was going to create this as a separate topic, but.. meh 😛

1618823081880.png

..these days, they tend to go in whole! 😆

I'll bite it in half.. eat out the fondant like it's a spoon.. and then eat the rest. 😅

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back