Do you trust TV news blindly?

Currently reading:
Do you trust TV news blindly?

Claraviolet

I used to but not anymore. Now, I am sure that some stuff can be exaggerated and that's not good at all. What about you guys? Do you trust the news channels blindly? Or would you try to verify the content with other news channels as well?

Share the news channels you trust blindly here :D

jamesyfx

Wiki team
It depends what it is I guess. If its something that is important to me I'll often check it against other news sites.

I will however abhor any news that comes from people on Facebook or an outlet like BuzzFeed.

Comment

Sharon

Blindly no. I actually avoid tuning into any news because they are always presented in a way to feed on people's fears and anger. Which I understand is what they need to do to gain viewers and ultimately make profit. I refuse to put too much energy into it all myself.

Comment

Ash

I would never do that, well I try not to do that. If there is something outlandish being reported, I always make sure to look into it a bit to make sure that it's real and I'm not getting angry about something that is made up or exaggerated.

Comment

apathy

how'd i get to be so good?
Definitely not, I can't say I even really keep up with it tbh! The odd time I'll check out the frontpage of reddit but then I just get annoyed, so I don't even do that very much.

Comment