• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Do you re-watch a long TV series often?

Claraviolet

Reaction score
I have been re-watching Young sheldon these days. I like it a lot and I can't wait to see new seasons. Well, re-watching stuff is great too as I have forgotten most of the episodic content.

What about you guys? Do you re-watch long TV series?
If so, do name them here.

The only one I've re-watched is the Stargate SG1 series. That was because I was trying to entice my husband into watching it with me! He got hooked too! We are now on Stargate Atlantis. However, even though I loved some other ones, it's not often I would watch again. I rarely watch TV now anyways. Though, I will admit I do watch some 1980's sitcoms when I happen to be vegging & flipping through the channels.

I re-watch The Office (US), Parks and Rec and Scrubs occasionally.

I've recently started re-watching Stargate Universe -- when it first came out (over 10 years ago now, sheesh!) I was really intrigued by it's dark tone and the fact that Robert Carlyle was in it. Was gutted to hear it got cancelled and then never wanted to finish watching as I didn't want to watch a lame cliff-hanger which I heard was how it ended. I'm gonna watch every episode eventually though just to see how it wraps up (or doesn't).

I've not really watched previous Stargate things apart from the movie.

I wouldn't say often... but there are certain series that I never mind rewatching randomly like Charmed, Gilmore Girls, Friends, and Greys Anatomy.

Only the ones with short episodes. So shows like the Big Bang Theory, Friends, the Office etc. I've never really bothered rewatching longer shows because they tend to be less fun to rewatch when you know exactly what is going to happen.

Not often, every few years I might rewatch one of the shorter ~12 episode animes I like but definitely not often at all.

Coming back again to this thread to just mention that I've started Modern Family again, for like the 3rd time. I needed another short show (20 minutes-ish) that I can watch from time to time when I don't have time for the longer shows so thought I would watch that again

I tend not to make a habit of re-watching shows, unless the occasional episode just happens to be on TV and there is nothing else on..

I'm so far behind with stuff, I'd rather use the time to watch things that I haven't see before.

Rarely, I've rewatched Gundam Wing which is 49 eps, but that is about it. Though I do want to rewatch the original Thunder Cats which is very long.

I tend not to make a habit of re-watching shows, unless the occasional episode just happens to be on TV and there is nothing else on..

I'm so far behind with stuff, I'd rather use the time to watch things that I haven't see before.
That's why I avoid rewatching long shows (1+ hours) because they take too much time away from new shows. Rewatching shows with like 15-20 minute episodes is a lot easier.

I've been rewatching Breaking Bad in the run up of the final season of Better Call Saul.

I think the way Better Call Saul is shot is far better (more Netflix money I guess) but Breaking Bad is still really good, still perfectly watchable and engaging.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back