• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

❌ Rejected Discord?

This suggestion was either rejected or was implemented and since removed
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Look. I'm old. I barely know what Discord is. :LOL:

But I think most communities have one - is this something you have considered, as a side-offering?

Well, as I'm even older (I think?).. No 😅 From what I gather, it's basically a modern replacement for IRC?

I'd prefer to remain focused on building forum activity before branching off into other avenues too much.. Although if people felt strongly enough about it, the idea could almost certainly be implemented.

I have no idea how old either of you are, but I'm 32 and have no idea what discord is!

I'll be 35 in a couple of weeks.. :oops:

I know what Discord is and I've used it briefly, but hadn't considered running my own server.

It's like IRC, Skype and Messenger rolled into one app. It also has game detection and can be used for team chat there.

Ive only really used it to talk privately to people, but apparently it's widely used in online communities. :LOL:

We do sound like a bunch of execs trying to figure out what's down with the kids. :sleep: I'm 33.. If I remember correctly...

As a 33 year old who is proficient in discord, I can recommend it heavily once a community is built up here!

I promise it's not scary, guys. 😂

@UnluckyRose please upvote if you'd like to see it implemented, even if in the future and not right now.

I dare say I'll be looking for volunteers should it happen, so it's useful to know you're proficient with it.. ;)

Sweet. I'll have a look in a couple of days... :cool: I don't think I'll get much PC time til the end of the week!

I've done away with the Discord server since it wasn't really being utilised.

It can always be revisited in future.

This thread has been automatically closed as there has been no further activity relating to this suggestion or feedback after 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Register
Back