• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Death Stranding

Death Stranding
Besieged by death's tide at every turn Sam Bridges must brave a world utterly transformed by the Death Stranding. Carrying the stranded remnants of the future in his hands, Sam embarks on a journey to reunite the shattered world one step at a time. What is the mystery of the Death Stranding? What will Sam discover on the road ahead? A genre defining gameplay experience holds these answers and more.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action
Released:
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
This is the 'walking simulator' by Kojima Productions... the post-Metal Gear Solid game Hideo Kojima released after he and Konami decided to part ways.

So this game has been out on PS4 for a good while, and recently it's been released on PC. It was in development for a long time, and the snippets we got along the way kept a lot of us interested in what it might be.

Then it came out and polarised everybody. For some it's barely a game, and for others it's a great, unique experience.

Anyone else play the game? What did you think?

I was really disappointed with it, to be honest. The story didn't grab me, and the gameplay was far too repetitive to keep me interested.

The only thing that continues to keep me intrigued for now is just what the modding community might do with it on the PC!

You'll not be too surprised to hear that I own it, but haven't yet played it..

I have heard the common references to it as a 'walking simulator' or a 'postman simulator' though.. 😂 People shouldn't really be too surprised, in many ways Metal Gear Solid had so much dialogue and FMV sequences. Kojima seems to purposely make his games to be played at a slower pace than most.

As a big Metal Gear Solid fan, I was hoping this was going to be good. But videos I've seen, and comments from friends have put me off. Delivery Driver Simulator, is one I've heard. With the MGS games being so brilliant (yes, even I'll admit that there might be rather a lot of dialogue and FMV scenes), I was hoping for more than it apparently gives.

These days, I tend to wait for most games to go down in price a bit, before purchasing. So may pick it up to try in the future.

Some of the trailers really amazed me so I was really looking forward to it coming out. Polarizing is an apt choice of word there, some people were amazed with it while others thought it was pure nonsense. This has kind of put me off getting it myself, thought I still do plan on doing that eventually. Admittedly all the product placement and weird references are what put me off more than it being a "delivery simulator". A lot of people I've talked to justify it with "well yeah it's Kojima" but I've somehow yet to play any of the MGS', therefore I can't really care about that as an excuse lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back