• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Console Wraps

Ash

Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought about customising their consoles by adding a wrap/skin to them? And if so, which ones did you end up adding? When the PS5 was announced, I always thought I would go for some black plates but I honestly like the appearance of it now.

I've never actually skinned a console no, but I did skin my xbox one controller to look like the attached pic. Doesn't seem to be on Amazon anymore which is a shame because I think it's pretty good.

Attachments

• 20210819_200359.jpg
    20210819_200359.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 113
I have a custom painted GameCube and changed the power led colour from orange to purple but that's as far as I've gone.

Same with the N64. I took the red power led out and put a blue one in.

Just because. Why not!?

My brother customised his original Xbox with a silver/chrome decal set, and I owned a number of faceplates for the original Xbox 360..

I might look at some of the third-party black faceplate sets you can get for the PS5 at some point if I can be bothered, it doesn't really bother me though 😆 I'd personally not bother with any decal sets, they inevitably start to peel and look a mess whether you leave them or attempt to remove them.

If you're going for a black faceplate, I would recommend dBrand since they are well known and you know you will get a good quality one - https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/ps5. I don't like decal sets either, seems like it would make it look cheap.

Some skins look extremely cool. I've never been a fan of using console wraps myself. I'd be too worried of applying it wrong!

Not really, I'm looking at my tv or sometimes my controller, never my console. I don't have company, so not much to show off really.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back