• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Companies you refuse to do business with?

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
..for whatever the reason, whether personal or moralistic - are there any companies out there who you refuse to do business with? :moustache:

---

Virgin Media have been on my blacklist for some time, initially with their extortionate pricing and reported difficulty that people have faced when trying to cancel their service, even if they are technically "out of contract". However, a few years ago my ex-wife had the (dis)pleasure of dealing with one of their door-to-door salesmen, who took offence to us having a sign in our door politely asking for no cold callers. When challenged, he put his foot in the door and became verbally abusive. Needless to say, he was reported to Virgin Media who (understandably) could not provide details of any action(s) taken against the individual. However, nothing more than an apology was given.

Lenovo have very recently been added to my blacklist.. I ordered a new PC during this year's Black Friday sales, with an original delivery date of 03/12/20 - to date, I still haven't received the item and neither they nor DHL know where it is. I have continually had to chase Lenovo for any kind of update, with my final correspondence on 23/12/20 requesting a refund falling on deaf ears and being met with "we are actively working to resolve your case". Not good enough, and they can thank their lucky stars that it wasn't ordered as a Christmas present.. I have just now made my first ever chargeback request with my bank in regards to this, since I'm getting nowhere communicating with Lenovo directly - and no longer wish to deal with their sheer incompetence.

I refuse to deal with a company called eBuyer - they're like a UK newegg (nowhere near as good tho). I've never actually managed to successfully buy anything from them as their policies and their website are both insanely poor.

I also refuse to deal with companies like TalkTalk, BT, etc.. any broadband company that still requires a phone line for their internet. Old school tech that shouldn't be used... Not for any malicious reason, I just don't think that technology should still be in peoples homes.

Other than that... I'm good.

I refuse to deal with any company owned by Mike Ashley because, well, Mike Ashley is a prick. 😂

When my current contract is up with sky I will leave never to return. They have refused to allow us to reduce our contract, even during the pandemic and I find their sales staff abhorrent and rude.

Not a blacklist, but yeah, Virgin Media is a company I will try my best to stay away from because their service is not great. I agree with Lee that Mike Ashley is a twat although that's not an issue since I don't use Sports Direct that much. Not sure what other companies he owns.

Giant web hosting corporate giants I stay away from like EIG companies such as godaddy and blue host, host gator... etc

I do use godaddy for domains but anything that has to do with web hosting itself is who I stay away from.

I don't have a rule where I refuse to use them but yeah, I would not touch the big hosting companies especially GoDaddy. Their hosting services are not good at all really. Blue Host is slightly better but honestly, the smaller hosting companies are way better to go with.

I agree @Ash the majority of the time they are. Then again you also don't want reseller hosts who are on the low end of some home setup going on.

I refuse to deal with a company called eBuyer - they're like a UK newegg (nowhere near as good tho). I've never actually managed to successfully buy anything from them as their policies and their website are both insanely poor.

I also refuse to deal with companies like TalkTalk, BT, etc.. any broadband company that still requires a phone line for their internet. Old school tech that shouldn't be used... Not for any malicious reason, I just don't think that technology should still be in peoples homes.

Other than that... I'm good.
Personally I've never had an issue with eBuyer. I had a faulty PC from them once, and it was promptly dealt with.

Lenovo are disputing my chargeback request.. 🤣 Erm, how - I *still* don't have a PC or any kind of update from you?

If they continue, they'll wish they hadn't and I'll be pursuing more than just a refund.

• Haha
Reactions: Lee
Lenovo are disputing my chargeback request.. 🤣 Erm, how - I *still* don't have a PC or any kind of update from you?

If they continue, they'll wish they hadn't and I'll be pursuing more than just a refund.

Someone from the delivery company has had a free pc there mate!

Someone from the delivery company has had a free pc there mate!
Quite possibly! I checked the tracking number again with DHL just in case, but it's still showing as "Due to be delivered on 7th December" :see_no_evil_face:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back