• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Chicory

• jamesyfx
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Has anyone played this game?

It presents itself as a simple game where you use a paintbrush to add colour back into a world where all the colour suddenly disappears. Most of the game is about talking to people, designing things and using colour to solve puzzles. There are a handful of boss 'combat' sequences too where you can have a game over but ultimately the game is peaceful.

There's a lot more to it than it seems.

Essentially the story is that there is a character called Chicory that holds the title of The Wielder who carries a magical paintbrush and they are the only one that can colour the world. And they've just had enough. Enough of the title, enough of the world, and enough of you. I thought it was really funny that the character which is the title of the game is completely dejected and just doesn't want to engage at all.

It reminds me a bit of Night in the Woods in terms of the character interactivity. If you liked that game you'd probably enjoy this too.

Everything in the game is highly polished and tailored. Just look through the options menu for example - you can toggle stuff like 'wet sounds' on or off as some people might find that icky. :sneaky:

It's on PC, PS4/5 and Switch at the moment. I've been playing it on Switch but I could imagine it performing best on PC where you'd be able to (presumably) brush with a mouse instead of an analog stick or touchscreen/touchpad.

So yeah, anyone else played this game or have any interest in it?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back