• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

🗣️ Community Changes - Mar '21 edition

• Oblivion Knight
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd give everyone a quick update to things going on behind the scenes.. Keep the faith, I'm still very much active 😉

Removed
  • Discord server - Lack of use
  • Thread attachment viewer (thread list) - Inefficient code, n+1 query behaviour (I'm a stickler for efficiency)
  • VPN/Proxy checking (registration) - Legitimate registrations getting incorrectly flagged by IP checking
Changed
  • Conversation folders - More functionality, feels more like an email inbox
  • Referral link moved to 'Share this page' block - Looks cleaner
  • Thread watched icon (thread list) - Now tells you how many replies you have made in a single thread, and links you to them
Added
  • Release date filtering (database) - Filter items first released or broadcast between X-Y
  • Account progress - Another way to familiarise you with basic functionality of Umbrella Online, will not show if you have already completed the steps involved
  • Wallpapers (Media) - I've uploaded a load of Resident Evil 2 (Remake) desktop wallpapers, check them out!
In progress
  • Reviews - A brand new section for users to add their own review of database items, fully integrated with existing discussion threads
  • Wiki - Work is of course ongoing with the Wiki.. Work never ends with the Wiki.. My signature is genuinely a comment in my Wiki code.. Wikiwikiwhaaaa?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home Register
Back