• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Carrion

Carrion
Carrion is a reverse horror video game in which you assume the role of an undefined alien being. Stalk and consume those that imprisoned you to spread fear and panic throughout the facility. Grow and evolve as you tear down this prison and acquire more and more devastating abilities on the path to retribution.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Action, Adventure
Released:
Publisher: Devolver Digital

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Guess
Carrion is a game by Devolver Digital, and they make great, quirky games.

If you've not heard of it, they call it a 'Reverse Horror' game, in which you are the monster.

It's essentially a 2D side-scrolling game, sorta like Abes Odyssey, where you break out of containment, and you make your way out of a laboratory environment, killing innocents and you are constantly mutating, growing in size and ability as you devour more and more.

It's on Microsoft Game Pass right now if you wanna give it a try.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really enjoy it, it's a run-based game, so whenever you lose you just start over.. but things aren't always the same, you are forced to take different paths occasionally. I've not gotten super far in it.. but I'd recommend it. The atmosphere is right on.

Looks interesting and I'd have been tempted if it was on PS4.. Sadly, it isn't - and couldn't find any concrete information on whether it will be.. 😕

According to a developer of the game, there is a good chance it will be made for PS4. The game is written in a language that the PS4 fully supports, so it shouldn't be too much work! Hopefully it does.

@jamesyfx posted a new review of Carrion

Looks pretty good, I can definitely see me getting a few giggles playing this - looks like it's on Steam too so I might pick it up soon.

Looks interesting and I'd have been tempted if it was on PS4.. Sadly, it isn't - and couldn't find any concrete information on whether it will be.. 😕
According to a developer of the game, there is a good chance it will be made for PS4. The game is written in a language that the PS4 fully supports, so it shouldn't be too much work! Hopefully it does.
I noted in the most recent PS4 sale that Carrion was listed, with a release date of 22/10/21.

I didn't bite because the discount wasn't quite enough, £9.59 down from £15.99.. maybe next time! :winking_face_with_halo:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back