• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Candyman

• apathy
    Last reply
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list
Candyman
Title: Candyman

Tagline: Dare to say his name.

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Nia DaCosta

Cast: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Tony Todd, Colman Domingo, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Kyle Kaminsky, Brian King, Vanessa Williams, Miriam Moss, Rebecca Spence, Carl Clemons-Hopkins, Christiana Clark, Michael Hargrove, Rodney L Jones III, Ireon Roach, Breanna Lind, Heidi Grace Engerman, Sarah Lo, Malic White, Mark Montgomery, Torrey Hanson, Cassie Kramer, Sarah Wisterman, Cedric Mays, Alec Silver, Hannah Love Jones, J. Nicole Brooks, Pamela Jones, Genesis Denise Hale, Katherine Purdie, Tien Tran, Mike Geraghty, Aaron Crippen, Dan Fierro, Nadia Simms, Nancy Pender, Johnny Westmoreland, Guy Spencer, Daejon Staeker, Virginia Madsen

Release: 2021-08-25

Runtime: 91

Plot: Anthony and his partner move into a loft in the now gentrified Cabrini-Green, and after a chance encounter with an old-timer exposes Anthony to the true story behind Candyman, he unknowingly opens a door to a complex past that unravels his own sanity and unleashes a terrifying wave of violence.
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Candyman just came out, and I've been hearing nothing but great things. When I heard they were rebooting the movie, I was a bit disappointed, but when I heard the guy who played him originally, would reprise his role as Candyman, and I heard the people behind Get Out and Us made this.

Anyway, have you guys watched it yet? If so, how was it? It just dropped in theaters so I don't expect everyone to have watched it, but I'm hoping to catch a viewing next weekend.

Wasn't even aware this was a thing - I watched the original once or twice and thought it was great, looking it up it turns out the new one is actually the 4th entry (but sequel to the first)? I also didn't know there was a 2nd or a 3rd... Kinda expected though I guess, a lot of the good horror films did get burned out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back