• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    It's a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Best Accent?

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
Lets debate accents.

Out of all the countries that speak English natively, who has the best accent?

Why is theirs the best? Explain your answer. :D

GIF by Coachella

jamesyfx

Administrator
Administrator
That's a tough one to answer.. I much prefer distinct voices rather than an accent. For example: Patrick Stewart, James Earl Jones, Sam Elliott, Keith David etc.

What we could talk about is my own accent. It's like.. well-spoken British Mancunian. It sorta dips and dives from easy to understand British to a horrendous northern mess. :daydreaming: I don't sound like I'm in a gang but I can switch it on and off if I like.

I think Canadian English is interesting though. To me, it sounds almost American but then you're thrown off by some different pronunciation. :whistle_with_note:

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Administrator
Erm..
I've always had a thing for the Irish accent, especially in women. I just think there's something about it :daydreaming:

Comment

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
American (West Coast / California) accent is the best. Why? Because its what I've grown up with, its how I talk and it's what I am used to hearing. :D

We pronounce things the way they should be pronounced. We we don't add extra sounds and syllables that aren't in the word.

Comment

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.