• Umbrella Online is a closed and invite-only community forum for discussion of the Resident Evil series, and other survival horror games, movies, and tv shows.
    Being a member is a great way to network, meet like-minded people … plus it removes this notice.

If you are interested in joining and participating please Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!
    We do this to protect our community.

Alan Wake

Alan Wake
When the wife of best-selling writer Alan Wake disappears on their vacation, his search turns up pages from a thriller he doesn't even remember writing. A dark presence stalks the small town of Bright Falls, pushing Wake to the brink of sanity in his fight to unravel the mystery and save the woman he loves.
Players: 1
Co-op: No
Genre: Adventure, Horror
Released:
Publisher: Microsoft Studios

Trailer

Screenshot
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

Oblivion Knight

Bang bang!
Administrator
Reaction score
Name
Andy
Alan Wake is a title that I would quite like to play, but have never gotten around to it.

There was growing rumour of a possible remaster hitting Xbox One and PS4 throughout last year, though that appears to have fizzled out now sadly :( I would much prefer to play a remaster on PS4 than blow the dust off my Xbox 360..

Loved Alan Wake at the time of release, and I've tried playing it again recently but it sorta falls into that era of gaming where the technical finesse just wasn't there when it came to animations and camera controls... So for me it's a little hard to play.

A remaster would be good, using the 'Control' technology - Ray traced lighting and shadows would be amazing for a game like Alan Wake!

I wonder if people are aware that the game was initially designed as an open world title where you could drive around and visit places etc. Really the world you explore in the game is vast, and was later chopped up into sections - there's probably some YouTube stuff out there showcasing how big the world map is in the game.

I recently picked up the original game Steam pretty cheaply on Steam.. but.. leak of a remaster has potentially been uncovered! 😁

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Let's hope that it does come to consoles as well as the Epic Games Store..

I recently picked up the original game Steam pretty cheaply on Steam.. but.. leak of a remaster has potentially been uncovered! 😁

I've had the original since launch, never played it, even downloaded it free with XBL Gold and still haven't gotten around to it. Now it's time for the remaster...whoops!

I've had the original since launch, never played it, even downloaded it free with XBL Gold and still haven't gotten around to it. Now it's time for the remaster...whoops!

Pretty standard for me to be fair.. 🤣

I've had this sitting in my library for years and did actually try to play it one day but I think I was getting graphical glitches that basically made it unplayable. This was a good number of years ago though and I've never tried it on Linux, maybe I'd have better luck with it now.

I can see this game running quite well under Linux using that Proton compatibility layer. As it's fairly old now (relatively speaking) it can't be that demanding on hardware.

News to share, looks like the remaster is coming this October and it'll be dropping on the PS5, PS4 and Xbox consoles, and of course Epic Games as I'm guessing it'll be exclusive with them for a while.

I'm so psyched though. I played Alan Wake twice already, and would gladly re-play it for the fun gameplay, atmosphere, and that awesome soundtrack.

I'm actually excited for this — Alan Wake is one of those games that I loved when it was new but it's sorta difficult to come back to as it hasn't aged that well. So a remaster — especially the fact that it will most likely have the same technology as Control like Ray Tracing etc which will do WONDERS for the atmosphere and flashlight gameplay.

Yup. It's on my list. Need it now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Contact us for an invitation code, or proceed to Register if you already have one!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Home Register
Back